Saturday, December 20

Losing it

Almost a week now and I’m starting to get a bit frustrated with this. I’ve visited god knows how many hotels/motels/losmens/homestays and have so far found 1 place that I would ever recommend. More on that one to come…

Up side, free stays in hotels, massage by Bali’s best therapists and endless free meals. Actually have gained too much weight, exercise just seems to be too much work right now. I worked out in a gym for the first time in weeks yesterday, can hardly walk this morning...

But this distinct lack of facilities for my target market is annoying. Most of what I’ve seen is more hostel than boutique, grubby little digs with scary bathrooms and strange smells. You would think the island would have cottoned on to the flashpacker trend by now but I guess there is such a huge amount of effort and energy aimed at villas, the “real” travellers are kinda getting forgotten.

Don’t get me started on the Villas! Mushrooming wildly around the island, most are eyesores badly built and of questionable design. Really, who would pay $400 to stay in a box with a plunge pool when you have the choice of spoiling yourself in a 5 star hotel for less around half the price? I’m so tempted to open my own place just to show em how it’s done! Hahaha, welcome to Chez Soma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeh do that! i will come help and I will even charge you a discounted hourly rate for my professional services cos thats what a good friend i am hehehe

balibaby said...

ok deal. professional services? I have no bar!! you can be the chamber maid, i'll even give you a cute little outfit to wear! mwahaha

Mags said...

I'll run the kids club... hahaha not! But would love to come and stay with my brood at mates rates of course!