Thursday, March 12

Nasi Campur Kedewatan

Met up with a few of my fellow Bali tweetizens recently, and as is apt to happen around me, the conversation quickly turned to food and favourite restos. Not sure what it is, perhaps being part Indo (it’s quite fair to say that a huge number of us have a healthy obsession with food) or whether it was getting close to dinner time, but we spent most of our meeting comparing notes.  And I cannot talk about Ubud food without mentioning my all time, hands down, favourite nasi campur (pronounced nahsi champurrr). Behold, nasi campur Kedewatan:

kedewatan2 I used to dream about this when I was away at boarding school! It’s unexplainable, the crunch of coconut in the lawar (chopped vege fry), the soft chewy sate sticks and mind blowingly spicy sambal. My mouth waters as I type. Any foodie has got to try this one, if you’re ever in my neighbourhood look it up.

kedewatan

No comments: